Saturday 29 June 2013

Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt admits to spot-fixing

Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt admitted on Friday he was involved in spot-fixing three years ago and apologised.
Butt's and Asif's appeals in the Court of Arbitration for Sport were also rejected in April while Amir had accepted he was guilty and did not appeal against his five-year ban.
"I admit the decision of the ICC tribunal," Butt said. "I said it before and I am saying it again that to all those who have been disappointed by my action I do apologise to them. Also, the effect it had it on cricket's integrity, I would like to apologize for that."

Butt was the captain in the Lord's test when Amir and Asif bowled predetermined no-balls, and later it was revealed that all three players had connections with a businessman, Mazhar Majeed, who was also arrested in one of cricket's biggest scams.

No comments:

Post a Comment