Saturday 29 June 2013

Priyanka's India vs Mallika's India


In the recent cannas film festival, mallika sherawat made some comments about India and Priyanka chopra is not happy with that. Even though the situation didn’t escalate that far that we could remark it as catfight, there was something I found interesting about. So, let’s talk about it.
                
                During the festival, mallika told a reporter “I made a conscious decision to divide my time between Los Angeles and India, So when I enjoy the social freedom in America and go back to India, which is so regressive for women, it’s depressing. As an independent woman, it’s really depressing.”

                Priyanka chopra was not happy at all with this remark so she answered at her recent appearance for UNICEF. she said at the event "I think we are a progressive nation. I disagree that we are a regressive    nation. We are all sitting here and talking about educating the girl child, taking our country forward. I think it's a misrepresentation of what our great nation is on the world platform."


                What amuses me is that both have written new chapters in the book “how to expose in Bollywood”. While Priyanka chopra is known for her shortest blouses in the world, Miss Hiss is known for introducing intimate physical contact and bikini appearances in Bollywood. Even after all that she is remarking India as regressive for women on international stage. I wonder what extent of freedom does she wants. I don't think want another sunny leone.

calling your own country  "hypocritical" and "regressive" will not make you the ambassador of Indian cinema. We suggest you give Cannes a miss next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment